Well, after many months we have finally moved into the final phase of installing an electronic key system at the lab. We have been working on this ever since we had some thefts at the lab about a year ago.
The whole system was bench tested by our members and works great. Today the electric door strike was installed in the door frame. It turned out to be way more money than we expected but at least we know that our assets will stay where we put them from now on.
Once it has been installed, the keys that members use to access the space currently will no longer work. The new system uses electronic key-fobs to open an electric door strike. We will be distributing the key-fobs as soon as the final wiring is in place and tested. Keep an eye on your emails for details.